Sunday, February 26, 2012

DIY// knitting with a loom


My sister and I are obsessed with knitting with a loom! It's easy, fast, and you don't have to bother with those pesky sticks and and making a mangled mess! We taught ourselves how to knit with a loom around Christmas time and made scarves for each other as gifts. My sister is currently working with this "peaches and creme" color-scheme in hopes to make a baby/lap blanket.



If you don't know how to knit, and would like to learn but are not really into the whole granny stick thing, a loom is perfect for you! There are tons of tutorials on Youtube, but I've found that *THIS* girl is the easiest to follow and has tons of other cool tutorials as well.


It's easiest to knit with a loom while doing something else, like watching TV or something. It can get repetitive and boring if you are an easily distracted person! But if you work on it long enough you'll end up really satisfied with your result.


I average a 4ft scarf over a span of two days, working off and on for a couple hours each day. I've made about 5 or so since Christmas and will probably stop during the summer time. But when fall comes around again, I'll pick it back up and start working on this year's Christmas presents! I even plan on making a special one for my neighbor who is turning 100 this year!

Sorry for the ramble!
Anyway, I hope this post encouraged someone!
Stay beautiful, 
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...