Thursday, December 22, 2011

ART// drawing exam


I took a beginner's drawing class this semester at school (the only art class available, ugh) and for my final I had to draw this rose. 
Other than portraits, I hate drawing realistic things. Pieces that look like photographs just have no soul to me. You might as well just take a picture with a camera of something if you just plan on drawing it realistically. Don't get me wrong though, if you can do it that is a really cool skill. But I think a real artist would put his or her own flair on their every piece and make it look as unique as possible. So with that being said, my main point is that although I liked my finished piece, drawing it was not enjoyable to be at all. I wanted to do it my way and for a grade that was just something I couldn't do.
That's college for you, kids.

Stay creative,
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...