Thursday, December 22, 2011

LIFE// new year resolutions


So Christmas is in just a couple of days and then a whole new year begins once again. I've been doing a lot of thinking these past couple of weeks about where I am in my life and the people that are in it. I realized that even though I may not get everything I've always wanted in this life, I've always had what I needed everyday of my life. I've never missed a meal. I have good, hand-working parents, and a safe home.

When my family asked me what I wanted for Christmas this year I didn't know what to tell them. I looked over everything I have and realized I didn't need anything; I already have a laptop, phone, plenty of clothes, and anything else a typical 19 year old college kid needs. I actually had to go online and try to find things I liked to give my family an idea of what to get me. It was then when I realized how truly grateful I am for the things in my life and my parents who work very hard to make sure my sister and I are happy. I think that's what Christmas is really about; appreciating what you have and giving back to the people you love.

So now I'm looking back at this past year and trying to remember if I kept last year's resolutions and goals. I'm pretty sure I kept up most of them; maybe only missing one or two. There are the ones I do remember keeping:

New Year Resolutions/Goals for 2011:
1. Do more art related things: crafting, painting, drawing, and photography.
2. Be more thrifty: shop more at Goodwill and other thrift stores and be more money savvy.

And now to buckle down and figure out what goals I want to accomplish this year..

New Year Resolutions/Goals for 2012:
1.Try to go the first 3 months of the year without eating any beef, pork, or carbs. (YES I know this sounds ridiculous but its something I've been wanting to do for a long time now just to see if I actually can do it. If I watch my diet I'll feel more confident in my health.)
2. Maintain a 3.5 GPA or higher.
3.Walk the campus 3 times a week.

I am so excited for 2012 and the possibilities it will bring! Nothing but good things ahead.

Stay positive,
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...