Thursday, April 12, 2012

DIY// spike necklace


Alright you crazy crafters, this is another no-brainer DIY for you to enjoy. I didn't take any picture of me making it, but it's SO easy and I know you guys are SO smart that you'll figure it out. ;) I'm really digging the rocker/grunge look recently and so to spice my outfits up I made this spike necklace.







Ingredients:
- Elastic beading cord
- seed beads
- Spike jewelry accents (you can find these in the beading/jewelry aisle at your craft store)
- Hot glue gun


All you have to do is measure what length you want your necklace to be, cut the cord plus a few inches, thread your spikes on first and then your seed beads. 
Because the elastic I used was thick, to fasten it together tightly you need to melt it just a little bit. So tie a knot as best as you can (this proves to be very difficult with elastic being all elasticky). 
Take your hot glue gun and just barely in small taps, tap your knot with the tip of your glue gun. This will gradually melt the elastic together. 
You can also add a tiny tiny tiny drop of hot glue for extra hold.


And that's it!


Hope you guys liked this short and sweet DIY.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...