Friday, April 13, 2012

FASHION// vintage earrings


 My grandma was cleaning out her "jewelry drawer" in her dresser last December and wanted to get rid of a lot of her earrings and necklaces. I jumped all over it and took some home with me because most of her stuff were true vintage pieces. So over the next few weeks I'll share with you some of the things I took from her collection. 






The first thing I wanted to share with you are these earrings. She wore these primarily in the 60's around the time my mother was born. I think they are so gorgeous and definitely one of a kind!



They have the "screw-back" style back. Screw-backs and clip-ons were invented around the same time but screw-backs were the most popular dating pre-1960's. 


They work really well too! Screw-backs stay in place better and don't have that "slipping off" feeling clip ons give you. 


Thank you Grandma for these beauties!

Do you own anything vintage?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...