Wednesday, May 16, 2012

DIY// studded choker


As promised, here is my studded choker DIY for you. As you can probably imagine, most of my DIYs before and coming up are involving studs from studsandspikes.com. Of all the planned projects, this one has been my favorite so far. It puts an instant edginess to any of your girly outfits and definitely screams rock and roll. You can also customize this of course with other embellishments other than studs if you fancy, like buttons, spikes, or sequins. 





So it's really simple. I threw it together in about 20 minutes or so. 

Ingredients:
-Strip of leather/faux-leather/some kind of material
-Needle and thread
-Studs or other bedazzles
-Measuring tape (optional)
-Scissors



The first step is to measure the circumference of your neck. Take that measurement plus an inch or two, and cut yourself a strip of your material. The width is all up to you. I kept mine right about the width of the studs.


Start studding! The trick to studding in a straight line to slip the first leg of your stud into the second hole made my the second leg of your last stud. Sounds confusing, I know. But the picture is pretty self explanatory. You'll know what I mean when you start studding.


Once you get to the end, leave some room on each side for your button and the button hole. Sew your button on, and cut a slit for the hole.


And that's it! This is probably one of my most favorite projects I've done. So easy, and you didn't spend like 20 bucks on one from Hot Topic!


Rock on, and...


1 comment:

  1. hey! i just wanted to let you know that i gave you an award on my blog! go check it out:)

    http://letitrainlove.blogspot.com/2012/05/liebster-award.html

    xo, hannah mae.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...