Wednesday, April 4, 2012

DIY// leather hair bow


I love leather. Well, faux-leather. And I love bows. Well, hair bows. Actually I like all types of bows but hair bows have my heart. I used to make duck-tape hair bows in high school and try to sell them to my friends. It didn't work out that well...But this one is EASY and cute! And would go great with any native american prints or floral pattern. Possibilities are endless! I whipped this one up in about 10 minutes. 








Ingredients:
-Scissors
-Leather/Faux-Leather in your choice color
-Pen
-Hot glue gun and glue
-Aligator hair pin, or elastic



First decide what shape you want your bow to be. 


Then draw that shape on the back of your leather piece. 


I decided to use the curved shape.


Cut it out, and then pinch your bow in the middle Try to get it as even as possible. Hot glue the top and bottom folds to the middle part that's pinched. Then flip it over on the back and glue the pinch together.


Cut out a skinny rectangle piece, this will be the center of the bow. Hot glue it to the center and wrap it around to the back. Secure the end with hot glue.


   Decide what you're going to make. I chose to make a clip, it easier and has more possibilities to style with.


Glue it right to the bow, or mount it with a tiny strip of leather.


  Let dry, and WHOOLAH!

 The perfect summer accessory! I also went to HobLob today and picked up more supplies so keep coming back for more new DIY's or follow/subscribe (whatever it is)!

Stay sunny,
-A



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...